Admissions & Hours
The museum is grateful to Fort Concho National Historic Landmark, which has donated the use of its Quartermaster Gallery for SAMFA’s exhibits through May. The Quartermaster Gallery was the original home of the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, from the time the museum opened to the public in 1985 until the completion of the present museum building in 1999. Currently on exhibit at the Fort Concho Quartermaster Gallery is Take a Closer Look: Orna Feinstein and McKay Otto which will continue through April 9, 2023.
In addition to the replacement of the copper roof of the main museum, interior repairs and some remodeling are planned. Museum staff are currently working on the logistics to pack and move the entire art collection (around 2000 objects) to a secure location before the work can begin. The main museum will be closed while this work is going on, but the adjacent Oakes Street galleries and Concho Clay Studio will remain unaffected.
The museum is supported by generous contributions from both individuals and businesses. The upcoming exhibit is made possible in part by the San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council and the Texas Commission on the Arts. SAMFA’s Fort Concho hours will be Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am to 5 pm, and Sunday, 1 pm to 5 pm. Admission will remain free.
Click here to read complete press release
Tour of The 2019 San Angelo Ceramic Invitational Exhibition which featured the work of six Texas ceramic artists: Alejandra Almuelle, Mary Fischer, Angela Gallia, Linda Gossett, Shikha Joshi, and Kym Owens.
Tuesday: 11 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 11 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 11 am - 4 pm
Friday: 11 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday: 1 pm - 4 pm
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
There is plenty of FREE parking adjacent to the museum.
The museum is equipt for visitors with special needs. All of the galleries are accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who cannot use stairs. We have wheelchairs available upon request. Companion service dogs are allowed in the museum.
We follow San Angelo Independent School District's closure and delayed opening schedule.
Museum Etiquette to Guide Your Visit
- Unless otherwise stated, photography is allowed as long as the flash is not used. Visitors may freely use their cameras outside on the grounds of the museum and on the rooftop terrace as well. Selfie sticks are not allowed in the museum.
- Strollers are welcome in the museum unless the galleries are very crowded. In which case, we would ask you to wait until more space is available. Large handbags or backpacks must be checked and left in the Gift Shop area.
- The museum does have wheelchairs available for visitors to use.
- Please do not touch the artwork. When visiting the galleries with small children, please maintain supervision.
- Pets are not allowed in the museum unless they are companion service animals only.
- Food and beverages, including bottle water, are not allowed into the galleries.